Findings of the Q4 2018 1 Question Survey of DSRs has been published by AFDR.
Each week, AFDR asks its members one important industry-related question. The quarterly report summarizes the results as well as detailed comments DSRs provide.
Learn more about how to receive your copy.
Topics covered during this period included:
- Does your marketing department provide you the resources needed to help you with Account Penetration?
- How many broker sales reps do you have a weekly business relationship with?
- How often has a Broker or Manufacturer Rep helped you open a new account?.
- On average, how many times per week do you interact (by text, talk or in person) with your regular customers?
- Do you dress differently when you’re calling on prospects versus when you’re calling on your regular customers?
- Which product number (GTIN, Manufacturer number, Distributor number) is most important to you while making orders/looking for specific products?
- How many individual products do you know well enough that you can sell them without using info on your laptop or a POS/sales sheet?
- Do product training and recipe videos help you sell a product or product category?
- Since labor costs are such an issue with operators, are you selling more labor-saving products than in the past?
- On average over the next five years, what type of services do you expect your customers will want you to provide?
- What type of distributor/wholesaler (broadline, specialty, big box stores, Amazon, etc.) is in the best position to compete for operators’ business in the future?